WPC (ETA) Approval

WPC / ETA is a Wing of the Ministry of Communication, a National Radio Regulatory Authority involved in Frequency Spectrum Management. WPC Office issues WPC (ETA) License for IT and Electronic products while fulfilling the needs of the wireless technology consumers. Wireless and Bluetooth IT and Electronic products that operate on unlicensed frequency bands and meet human safety requirements can only be sold in Indian market with WPC / ETA approval.


How to get WPC / ETA Approval in India?

WPC / ETA Registration requires RF (Radio Frequency) test report for Equipment Type Approval (ETA) for their product operating in these frequency bands. Subsequently, the import license is to be separately obtained by the importer based on ETA grant letter.

Brand Liaison is an experienced service provider for WPC (ETA) Approval for IT and Electronic products to Indian as well as foreign manufacturers. We help Indian and foreign brands in launching their product in the Indian Market by getting WPC certificate and Import license. For details, please check the Important Information given below.

Constitution of the WPC

The following is the constitution of the WPC:

  • Licensing and Regulation
  • New Technology Group
  • Standing Advisory Committee on Radio Frequency Allocation
  • Licensing and Regulation

    This department would be considered for all the licensing and regulations related to WPC approval. Licensing and regulation under this system would have to be taken to the above authority.

  • New Technology Group

    If there are new technologies or some form of new technology is utilised, then this department would administer the use of technology and processes.

  • Standing Advisory Committee on Radio Frequency Allocation (SACFA)

    The SACFA carries out making different form of recommendations relating the radio frequency and other recommendations related to International Telecom Union (ITU).

What is WPC Approval required for?

WPC Approval would be utilised by agencies for securing the license to operate within a given frequency. All wireless based products would be working on some form of wireless networks. Such wireless devices would require working on some form of de-licensed frequency bands. Such de-licensed frequency brands would require a specific type of approval. Such an approval is known as the ETA (Equipment Type Approval).

Hence in Order to obtain ETA, would be on the basis of a particular model which requires WPC approval.

Which Products require WPC Approval?

The following products require this form of approval:

  • Walkie-talkie,
  • RC cars/boats,
  • drones/UAV,
  • ZigBee, Bluetooth devices
  • Phones, computers, and routers
  • Cameras